Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Today is the day we have waited for!

Well this is it. It is 5am and today is the day we have waited for. 4 years has come down to 10 hours.

We will meet Ava for the first time around 3:30 pm (3:30 am your time). We should be back to the hotel by 5:30 and have some pictures posted soon after that.

The families we are travelling with are very nice. We have been hanging out with a couple from Innisfil area (near Barrie). They are quite nice and have had this experience before. Sam and Matt, our group mates from PEI are in a different province and getting their boys today as well. They are the only family from our group in that province. We are fortunate to have all of the other families with us in Nanning for support. We wish we could be there foe Sam and Matt but will meet back up with them in Beijing on Saturday for the remainder of the trip.


The Majestic Hotel is nicknamed the Baby Hotel. It is the Hotel where most families who are adopting from Guangxi stay. The 9th floor of the hotel is called the Baby floor or the Crying floor. We have not heard any crying yet but I am sure we will tonight. LOL There are other families that arrived before us. They are dutch I believe and I think some US families as well. I haven't been able to catch a glimpse of any of the babies yet but I am sure we will meet in the hallways tonight. The beds are very hard. Mike is having a hard time with this. I, on the other hand can sleep anywhere. I am surprised though that I was able to sleep last night. I guess the heat of the day helps with that. We went to bed at 9:30pm and didn't wake until 4:30am. Early but pretty good.


Last night we tried to find the Walmart. It is apparently close but the people we tried to get directions from spoke very little English and I think they were getting frustrated trying to explain how to get there. It is extremely humid here. The temperature is 28 Celsius. Not bad but as soon as you walk out the door you feel like you have sweat through your clothes. I wish I had brought more clothing because it is unlikely an outfit can be worn more than one day before washing. We will try to get some laundry done today.

Crossing the streets in China is taking your life in your hands. The one who has the right of way is the one who is brave enough to venture out. Even when you are walking across the street cars and bikes do not hesitate to cut right in front of you. You have to be very aware and very quick.

Guangxi is known for its seafood. This is not a good thing for me. We went to the buffet restaurant in the hotel last night. The buffet consisted mainly of seafood and very little else. There wasn't even any just plain white rice which would usually be my savior. There was some pork and some spaghetti with soy sauce so I was able to eat that. Yes I know I shouldn't be so picky. Don't worry about me I will survive. The breakfast in China have been quite nice. Breakfast is provided by the hotels and though we haven't had breakfast here yet(we will at 7am) in Beijing they had some great fruit and breads and pastries. The banana bread is especially nice.

OK that is enough for now. We will have some good stuff to post later today. Try after 6am your time.


Love you all!

7 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW , how exciting we were just having dinner talkin about how much we miss you and how excited you must be . We were just saying when we wake up tomorrow we will be able to see pictures our Niece . Mike ,Terri , we love you guys so much everyones in tears as I write this . We are so excited for you guys and Ava is the luckiest little girl to have you guys as her Mom and Dad ! Love you Ava ! Your the little girl we all have been dreaming of for the last 4 years ! Congrats. I cant believe when we get up tomorrow (around 5:30) we will see picture of Uncle Mikey and Aunt Terri as parents with their new baby girl Ava ! So excited ,so pleased and so thankful that your dreams have come true .Love you guys , take care and lots of pictures !! Tom, Bonnie, Alicia and Johnny

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How excited you must be- just hours from your daughter. We are so happy for the two of you and Ava to have you two as parents. Congrats and we can hardley wait to see your pics. Luv Fred and Doris

     
  • At 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    can't see to write we love you and can hardly wait until your home.

    love mom and dad

     
  • At 6:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I can't believe it's finally happening for you guys!!! There will be alot of people up before the sun tomorrow morning refreshing their browsers every 30 seconds.. I know I'll be one of them! Enjoy every moment - this is IT!!!

    k.

     
  • At 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    my heart is full of joy for you guys. Jane

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mike & Terri;
    I am sitting here & checking the computer every hour....I am so happy & excited for the 2 of u, and can hardly wait 2 see Ava! I miss u's, but, at the same time, I am hoping u's r able 2 cherish EVERY minute of your trip, and may u make some special memories with your daughter b4 u come home. Soak in every second with her...
    Mike; don't u dare laugh at me, but, I have been calling mom & reading your entries 2 her everyday. It is taking me 3x longer 2 read them as I can't help but get choked up...{mom is ok, Mike} ....LOTS OF LOVE TO U BOTH,
    Darlene & Ian. xoxoxo

     
  • At 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mike & Terri;
    Can't wait for you to get home with my new granddaughter.
    love, MOM xoxo

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter