Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Four More Days


Oh my god. We are down to four days. This time next week and we will be in Ava's Province. It is scary and exciting. I try and think what it will be like being there in her Province the day before we get her. That day and night are going to seem like they will never end. The anxiety of knowing that you are the closest that you have ever been to her and knowing that the very next day you will be meeting her for the very first time in person. I catch myself wondering if we will be able to pick Ava out from the other children. I catch myself wondering what it will be like the first night alone with her and Terri in our hotel room. Wondering if I will be able to comfort her and make her feel safe in my arms. I can honestly say that I am scared of that night. Scared but also excited.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:15 PM , Anonymous Ashley said...

    you guys will do great, and everything will b fine so RELAX!!!

     
  • At 11:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You really will be fine. It shows that you'll be good parents that you worry about your daughters fears. You will be able to pice your Ava. When we walked to our meeting place I spotted my Avari right away.

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Anonymous love bonnie said...

    Shoot mike you made me cry!!!!im soo happy for you guys

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter