Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Have Money - Can Travel

We went to the bank today and picked up all the US money that we need for China. The bank was nice enough to order in all new fifty dollar bills for us. Now we don't have to worry about being able to get all new bills or not. I must admit though that after seeing the thick stack of fifties I am starting to wonder  how we are going to carry them on us through the Canadian airport and the China airport. It will be stressful carrying all that money. I will be glad to get it all dispersed to the proper people in China.  

5 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Red Sand said...

    I'm trying to figure out why your count-down is one day ahead of mine. You are flying on the 23rd, right??

    We pick up the second instalment of our US funds tomorrow. Ack.

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger The Fabulous Us ! said...

    It is weird carrying all that cash .. my DH and I split it up between us and wore it under our shirts in a neck money bag thingie. It was such a relief to hand it over though, safely.

     
  • At 9:22 PM , Anonymous Ashley said...

    cant you just use a credit card??

     
  • At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When we were walking down the plank to board the plane in Toronto, I was carrying all the money, all $8k+, I was asked to show all my money and was questioned as to why I had so much $ and why I was the only one carrying it and not my DH. I had it in 3 separate envelopes. Whew! only showed them a total of $5k.

     
  • At 11:20 AM , Blogger fivekidz said...

    congratulations on your beautiful daughter. I was amazed to see that you are from Wasaga. My family vacationed there every year when I was a child. I have taken my kids back 2 times over the years and plan on visiting next summer with my lil china princess whom I have had 18 mos and has turned 5 today. Have a wonderful trip the start of an incredible journey. Peace and much happiness Bonnie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter