Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Guilty feelings

I was visiting another blog today and was glad to read that some of the feelings I have been having are not mine alone. These feelings were regarding sharing(or not) the fact that we are adopting from China when asked if(or when)we have children.
I am not ashamed, actually quite proud of the unique opportunity we have been given, but am finding it harder and harder to explain the why, and the when. Especially the when. My standard "probably this time next year" is beginning to make me sound foolish as the wait continues to increase. I am beginning to feel like a fraud.
If things don't speed up soon I too, as one of my fellow bloggers said, will need professional help.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM , Blogger Donna Paonessa said...

    Hi Mike & Terri,

    Just found you guys while reading some other blogs - this blog stuff is so addictive!!

    I work for CB, so thought I'd say HI.

    I read the note you posted about what the CAS told you - jeez!! Hope you called them back and told them to clarify their information first, next time they say something like that. Unbelievable.

    Your feelings are valid. I've been through the process twice myself; it's not easy! There's alot of high's and lo's. I won't even bother giving you any cliches; I know you just want your child. Try to hang in there.

    By the way, my husband and I just bought a cottage in Wasaga Beach - we LOVE IT! My kids want to live there. *grin*

    Maybe I'll see you at the Superstore sometime.

    Take care,
    Donna

     
  • At 8:18 AM , Blogger Michael and Tammy said...

    I am not sure if it was my blog you are referring to since I too think I am going to need professional help before this process is over but just know that soooo many of us are all in the same boat with exactly the same feelings! It makes me feel more normal when I hear that I am not the only one who has these highs and lows as we go through this process. Hang in there, at least everyday is one day closer to your baby!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter