Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Adult Pre Trip Immunizations

I went to my doctor to get my pre-trip immunization shots. Be prepared to force the issue with your doctors. My doctor didn't think that I would need the Typhoid immunization or even the Hep A and B ( Twinrix ) shot. I had to tell him that even though he didn't think that I would need them, that I still wanted them. He reluctantly wrote the prescriptions. All the other shots are covered under our insurance plan but the Hep A and B ( Twinrix) and the Typhoid shot. The Hep A and B ( Twinrix ) shot cost $162.00. The Typhoid shot cost $25.00. Well worth the money if you ask me. My doctots office also charges a $45.00 fee for giving their patients these shots. I'm not sure if this is the standard fee that all doctors charge or not. People should check with their own doctors for the fees that they charge for giving these shots. Hopefully other people do not have to try to convince their physicians to write them their prescriptions. My physician also informed me that he could fast track the Twinrix shots if I needed him to. Instead of taking six months to complete the shots he could fast tack it so that it would only take twenty one days. So if there are people out there who haven't gotten their Twinrix shots yet and are travelling soon this info might be of good use to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter