Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Friday, January 12, 2007

Learning The Mandarin Language

I found an article in a magazine while at the dentist office. The article was for language lessons. So I wrote down the internet address and went on it when I got home. Before I new it I found myself ordering the CD rom for learning the Mandarin language. It should be here within the next few weeks. The article stated that the CD rom will teach you how to speak the Mandarin language using voice recognition. It compares how you pronounce the words to actual Mandarin speaking people. It also teaches you how to write in the Mandarin language. Teaches you how to ask key questions. For example - Where can I find the bathroom? How much does this cost? Can yah tell I'm a little excited about it. I'll let everyone know if the CD rom is worth purchasing. If anyone is interested in looking into it the address for the web site is www.rosettastone.com.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger The luckiest mommy in the world said...

    OHHH - I give you credit! I didn't even attempt to learn any. I did buy tranlation cards though for adopting parents. It has tourist type sayings and adoption/child type stuff. It's in both English and Mandarin.

    You're time is getting closer :-)

    Deb
    (14 more sleeps)

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger The luckiest mommy in the world said...

    I added you to my blog. Just to let you know Terri - in the blog world alot of people don't follow blogs with music. They find it annoying.

    I personally love the song you chose though!!!

    (13 more sleeps)
    Deb

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Mike and Terri,
    I have enjoyed looking through the articles and posts in your blog - would you be willing to share the name of the CD for learning Mandarin? I would really appreciate that.

    I am the parent of 2 wonderful girls from China - one from Sichuan/Chongqing province and the other from Guangxi province.

    Thank you and I hope that this waiting time flies by quickly for you until you are with your daughter.

     
  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hello,

    Hope you don't mind I post here. A nice song by Richie Ren that I would like to present to you on ECpod (can learn some mandarin from this song too): Richie Ren’s Song Animation Video

    www.ECpod.com is a free website to learn English and Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese and etc) using videos. These videos are produced by our members and you are welcome to contribute as well. You can make friends too within our community and find online students to teach.

    Sorry if you find the site slow now - it will be resolved in 2 weeks time after we sort out our overseas bandwidth issues. Thanks.

    Rgds, Susan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter