Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Week Back To Work


Well this past week was my first week back to work. I hated leaving Terri and Ava each and every day. I eventually started getting kisses from Ava as I left each day. I still have to ask for them which is okay. I certainly do realize how much work it is to take care of Ava every day all day. Terri is doing great. I appreciate the work she does. I know that it has been hard for her because there has been days where Ava has been very clingy. She still freaks out when you leave the room that she is occupying. All you have to do is stand up and no matter where she is in the room she drops what she is doing and rushes right to your side. She grabs on and won't let go until you sit down. I got up with Ava this morning to let Mommy get some sleep. After only being up with Ava by myself for a few hours now I don't know how Terri ever got anything done in the house. Every night that I came home the house was clean, the dishes done and laundry done. I never have to worry about Ava at all. I can only say that it is unbelievable how much love I have for my two girls. They are both amazing. They are my whole life. I would re marry Terri a million gazillion times over and I certainly would wait all over again to get Ava. I don't have any regrets. Adopting Ava was the second best decision I have ever made. The first was asking Terri to marry me.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Terri, I hope you realize that after these postings you are never going to hear the end of the Mike-worship.. like, NEVER. I hope you're prepared. :) You, Mike... YOU!!!

     
  • At 5:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awe mike that was an awesome note. Love u xoxo

    Ashley

     
  • At 3:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what about asking me to be your brother inlaw !!!! im hurt !

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mike & Terri;
    Very special note, Mike! You 2 have the "real" love that you do not see too often anymore. You are both certainly blessed to have each other!
    Ava will only benefit fr the relationship that her mom & dad have. A very lucky little girl, that's for sure!

    They say - "LOVE CONQUERS ALL", and u 2 certainly r proof of that.
    All my love,
    Darlene xoxo

     
  • At 4:14 PM , Anonymous Cindy said...

    Mike and Terri, Thank you for showing us that two people can love each other enough that nothing else matters. Life is so hard but it is nice to know that when two people stay together and push through, everything seems worth the wait.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter