Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Friday, August 14, 2009

Daddy Holds His Little Girl For The First Time

This is a short video of Ava and I. I was a little scared to be honest. I wasn't sure if she would let me hold her. In the video I keep whispering her Chinese name into her ear hoping that it might comfort her. It was hard to hold back the tears. I certainly didn't want to scare her anymore than what she already was.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Laurie said...

    Thanks for sharing.
    Ava will surely enjoy these videos and photos when she is older.
    I am addicted to the blog an still check a few times a day for any updates.
    xox Laurie

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    She looks very content in Daddy's arms ! Life must be so exciting for you guys right now ! You must leap out of bed every morning like its christmas ready to see what the new day brings ! I Love being Dad , and love my family more than life it self and it makes me so happy to watch you with your little girl and know you know what I am talking about . Keep the videos coming, love to watch these special moments ! thanx guyz ! Luv u AVA :) Tom, Bonnie, Alicia and Johnnie

     
  • At 4:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mike;
    {my much loved & special brother}
    When you were just a young boy, I witnessed a bond that Jennifer & her Bubba had made. I knew then just what type of father you would someday be. You have so much love in your heart to give.
    Your new journey with Terri & Ava is just beginning. Enjoy the ride!
    Luv U & GOD BLESS,
    Darlene xoxo

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter