Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gotcha Day Video

I spent about an hour and a half today uploading this video to our blog. Hopefully everyone can see it fine. The day that this video was taken will be a day that neither one of us will ever forget. That room that we were in was so hot. Little to no air conditioning. A thunder and lightening storm started about a minute before our girls were brought in. It was raining as we were leaving the Civil Affairs office. Everyone was so happy and engrossed in their little girls. I can only speak for myself but all I was thinking was get us back to our rooms as fast as possible. After seeing all those little girls in one place it is hard to believe that what we went through that day happens on a daily basis in China. It is just amazing.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM , Anonymous Sherri said...

    AWESOME!
    You guys had to be in shock - you are so calm. I on the other hand could not keep it together.
    Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo

     
  • At 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't believe how much she has changed since the first day....what a gift you are giving her by documenting it all.
    Kim

     
  • At 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What an incredible moment, I was actually shaking as I sat here watching , waiting for your turn ! WOW ! dreams do come true !!!! One thing i did notice aunt Terri ....is your a bit of an AVA hog ! Poor Uncle Mikey... but I know you loved watching Terri with Ava as much as you loved holding her yourself ! Your a great guy Mikey and I thank God Terri has you in her life . I couldn't ask for a better brother ! Love you guys and thank God for Ava ! We ALL are so blessed to have her in our family !
    love tom bonnie alicia and johnny

     
  • At 8:21 PM , Anonymous Shannon said...

    You did it again , I was crying my eyes out again . LOL

     
  • At 6:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow, that was a GREAT video :) and once again i cried... love u guys

    ashley

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter