Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Momhood...exhausting!


Well, Mike's first day back to work was yesterday.
I have to say that it was a tough day. We have done well the past few weeks having each other around when one of us need a break. We love Ava so much and would do anything for her but it really is exhausting taking care of her on my own.
I felt like I was in a three legged race with a dwarf. Ava had a death grip around my leg for most of the day and would not lay down alone for her nap. I wonder if she was reacting to Mike not being around.
It was very difficult getting anything done. I cleaned up the dishes with her hanging around my leg. I got the laundry done thankfully but will soon be doing more as the dirty diapers are piling up fast. It will be difficult for a while to keep the house as clean as I would like but I am going to try to get as much done during her naps as I can.
I always knew motherhood was hard and now I am a true believer. I wouldn't change a thing as I know I am going to love watching this little princess grow and change everyday. She is such a fabulous little girl. We are truly blessed!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM , Anonymous Cindy said...

    I agree motherhood is not easy but worth every momment. Some days I wonder how I made it through but like you said wouldnt change it for the world. ENJOY!!!

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger Paul and Lisa said...

    get a maid! Lisa and I have... I work full time and she has a full time job taking care of our little one.

    We just don't have time to clean the house.

     
  • At 11:00 AM , Blogger Red Sand said...

    I've been thinking of you a lot, missing all three of you. I've got another week and a half before I get to do this on my own and I'm a little worried, but am glad to hear you're surviving. Hope my emails have made it to you ok.

     
  • At 7:39 AM , Blogger The Fabulous Us ! said...

    I had the same issues with our Ava after DH went back to work. I had to sling her in order to get anything done :) Then I bought a Moby Wrap so I could put her on my back so her wee hands wouldnt be grabbing everything. It was trial and error for the first few weeks but we made it and so will you :)

    p.s. Noone cares what your house looks like but I guess I agree that clean clothes/diapers are sometimes a priority lol

    Have fun ! Amy

     
  • At 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Terri;
    I am sure u r doing a wonderful job! Any mother who truly loves their child, {and u do}, somehow do it & then look back & wonder; how did I ever do this? U are a strong woman & I don't think I ever "truly" knew you until I started seeing some of your China pics! Those tears of joy were just beautiful to see, and, that light in your eyes...for me - was like - ok, here's the whole Terri! The one I have always thought the world of. I KNOW u will do a wonderful job as a fulltime mommy!
    Luv,
    Darlene xoxo

     
  • At 10:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Terri,

    Enjoy life and Ava and Mike. Never mind the small worries .... The house will be fine ....
    You should see mine ....
    Sometimes I see the floor ....
    Sometimes I wish I could shut the door ....
    Sometimes the bathroom is heaven .....
    Then someone opens the door and it's Kevin ....
    Sometimes my head spins ....
    But, then I grin ....
    For all is good ....
    For all is love ....
    For all is family ....

    Love Marianne XX OO

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter