Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Price Of Flights

We have been looking at the price of flights to Beijing since the CCAA has started the month of March 2006. It is amazing how much the cost of a flight to Beijing changes. One day I checked with Air Canada and the cost of a flight to Beijing one way was $809. Terri checked the very next day and the cost was $409. We both put in the month of May as a projected month that we may be travelling. We have checked further into the year and the cost goes up even more. For a flight in June the cost is approximately $1100 one way. I travelled for my employer a few years ago and we were only flying from Toronto to Ohio and our employers cost per ticket was at least three times the cost of a normal traveller going to the same destination. It makes me wonder if we should be booking our tickets through Children's Bridge or just book our own flights. From experience it seems that if a business uses their name when booking flights the cost seems to be more. I guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it. I know, I know it is probably a little early to be worrying about looking at flight costs. I can't help myself. I am the type of person who prefers to know these things ahead of time.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM , Blogger Deb and Sean said...

    Knowing things ahead of time ... not going to happen once you enter the world of parenthood!!! I say, relax and just let things happen ...
    CB WILL take good care of you and it is really nice to have the pleasure of meeting some of your travel mates on route and more importantly on the way home. Just my 2 cents .....

    By the way ... if you ever have questions ... we're not too far away ... B town!

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Blogger Michael and Tammy said...

    I don't blame you! I am the same way - I was suprised by the costs you found -much better than I thought they would be. By the time we get to go I am sure they will be 3x the price :(

    Only 12 more LID's to go!!!

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey guys,

    I am soooo excited for you. Doesn't Children's Bridge take care of the travel arrangements anymore?

    Can't wait to see your referral. It is going to be such a high for you so get ready for the ride.

    Big cyber hugs from the rock.

    Debbie (Olivia's mommy)

     
  • At 9:58 AM , Blogger Red Sand said...

    Should I wish you happy birthday here? Hope it's a good one!

     
  • At 1:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    can you just book your own flights?
    Darlene xo

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter