Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Thursday, January 08, 2009

A Funny Story

I thought that I would put this little story on our blog because I thought our family and friends would find it amusing. I am working midnights this week at work and when I come home in the mornings I turn off the ringers on all the phones so that I can get a good sleep. Two days ago I wake up and come down stairs and check the phone to see if anyone had called. I noticed that we had had a long distance phone call during the day. There was no message left. I then go over to our computer to check our e-mails. I noticed that we had an e-mail from Children's Bridge. The title was Referral Booklet. My heart started racing. I couldn't believe it. I thought that we were getting our referral. I raced to open it knowing full well that Terri and I have already agreed not to open our referral without each other being there. As the e-mail started to open I started saying out loud " I can't being doing this. " " I'm not suppose to be looking at this. " My heart has never pounded so hard in my life than it did then. I scrolled down the e-mail an noticed that  there was a-lot of Mandarin symbols and a picture of a Chinese child. As soon as I saw the picture I scrolled the e-mail back up so that I couldn't see the picture. With my heart racing and my knees getting weak I finally read the caption at the top of the message saying that this was an information booklet for when we do actually get our referral. I couldn't stop laughing. I guess our referral is always on my mind. I first thought that I had missed the referral phone call then I thought that I was actually looking at our referral on the computer. If this is how I react to a non referral I hate to imagine how I am going to be when we actually do get our referral.     

4 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Red Sand said...

    Oh no! It's going to be a long several months, isn't it?

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Sarah, Marc, Tyler and Ella Lin said...

    Fellow RQ reader and 3/14/07 LID-er here.
    Our blog is www.tylerslittlesister.blogspot.com -- it will be so amazing to watch our baby pictures finally be posted in the months ahead.
    I have to tell you that I am a dog lover, and your post about Hugo brought a tear ... so sorry ...
    Enjoy the next few months ... I am very hopeful for end of March or end of April ...
    -Sarah

     
  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger Sarah, Marc, Tyler and Ella Lin said...

    Whoops -- of course, meant 3/14/06as our log in ... I am so grateful for this date though it has been a long haul, as we all know too well ...

     
  • At 8:46 PM , Blogger Deb and Sean said...

    You will be out of your mind with giddiness .....
    NOT to mention completely overcome with emotion ... maybe if your have a few more of these false 'referral' pains ........ :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter