Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Two - Must Reads

Terri and I purchased two books recently. The books are written by the same author. The author is a woman by the name of Xinran. The titles of the books are - Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother and The Good Women Of China. I have read the first one and am about half way through the second. They are amazing reads. Sometimes disturbing yet very informative. Some relatives of Terri's threw Ava a Welcome to the family party about six months ago. I of course had to say a little something at the party. After I was done thanking everyone for coming I said to everyone there that Terri and I wish that Ava's birth mother could only see Ava and the loving forever family that she now has. I also said that I hope that people realize the decision that Ava's birth mother had to make and that I truly believe that there isn't a day that goes by that Ava's birth mother doesn't think of her and wonders where she is. After reading these two books I can honestly say that I truly believe that this is true. We have decided that when the time is right we will give these books to Ava to read. I would recommend these books to anyone who has or is going to adopt from China. I believe the adoption agencies should put these two books on their recommended reading list prior to adopting.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger The Drinkwaters said...

    I've read "The Good Women of China", which was very enlightening, and painful to read at the same time. I am waiting for "Messages From an Unknown Chinese Mother" to arrive.

    I agree with you that these books should be on a reading list so families can get a glimpse of life for women in China.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter