Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Great Wall is unbelievable

Today was amazing. The Great Wall is unbelievable. It is exactly what it's name stands for. A Great Wall. I climbed almost to the top. I am not feeling well right now. I have a head and sinus cold so I stopped just short of the top. I know no excuses. I just did it so that Ava knows in the future that her daddy at least tried.

I took lots of pictures. It was actually kinda funny because I had at least ten different people stop and ask me if it was okay if they could get a picture taken with me. I will include a couple with this post. Don't laugh at the hat, it worked. There were people of all ages climbing that wall today. I will never forget the views and the sounds.

I was the last one to make it back to the bus. Everyone was waiting for me. I felt really bad. We were able to take some really good video of Ava playing today. We got her talking away at a mile a minute. Lots of smiles come from her now. Guess what mom? Ava sticks her tongue out when she is concentrating just like I use to do. She couldn't be more a part of me if she was my birth daughter. We love her so much.

Tomorrow we take Ava for her medical. Apparently it only takes about twenty minutes. I have heard people refer to it as a joke. Oh well just one more hoop to have to jump through.

We also visited the jade factory today. We bought Ava a pendent that has is a small jade circle with mandarin letters in the middle that mean Long Life. I bought Terri a jade bangle bracelet and Terri bought me a jade crucifix. They are all really nice.







4 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger Michael and Tammy said...

    It looks like you guys are having an AMAZING time and Ava is sooo adorable. Congrat's!!!

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The wall looks awesome little brother,glad your having fun.But
    I gotta tell you I love the hat best!HAHAHA Cant wait till you come homexoxoxoxoxoLinda

     
  • At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mike;
    What an experience, eh?!!!
    Love u's,
    Darlene xo
    p.s. yes, the hat takes 1st prize!

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow the great wall of China is huge. that must if taken some time to walk. srry to hear that you were feeling sick. yea i'm still jealous of you guys for going for great wall of China without me. i'm not sure about my mom and brother but yea.. i'm still jealous. oh well i glad to hear or see through the pics that you guys are having fun. cant wait to see you guys on Thursday!!
    love Sierra, Angie and Jacob

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter