Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Friday, July 31, 2009

Another milestone


Ava slept the whole night in the crib last night. This is a milestone. We have had a really good day today. She is laughing and playing. Lots of talking. When I turn and look at her and our eyes meet she now smiles and laughs.

When we aren't paying attention to her she starts to talk and when we turn and look she smiles. We are convinced that she is doing it to get our attention. She is amazing. She opens up more and more each day. I would have never believed it if I wasn't here to see it for myself.

We leave for the Guangxi airport tomorrow at 9:30a.m. Our flight is at noon. We will be arriving back in Beijing around 3:00 p.m. It will be nice to get back to Beijing. The weather is still hot but at least it's not as humid as it is here.

I think that it will be a bit sad tomorrow when the plane lifts off. For me anyway. I will feel sad for Ava and for her foster mom and even for Ava's birth mother. Come noon tomorrow she will be leaving all them and her birth province behind.

All I can do for them is promise to always love her and take good care of her. I promise them that I will try my hardest to provide her with as many opportunities as I can. If I had a wish that could be granted right now it would be that they could know how much joy and love they have given us. That they would have comfort knowing that she is safe and loved.



Ava eats Watermelon


Ava looking at her Dad


Someone looks sleepy


She loves her phone

3 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It will not be long now until u guys are home with Ava. She is quite a cutie, opening up each day with the love u guys are giving her. She is truly an amazing little girl.
    yvonne

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Blogger Deb and Sean said...

    Happy to hear things are improving day by day ... she definitely looks happy in her photos!
    I bawled as the plane took off from our daughter's province ... what can I say, we grieve for our children ... it's normal!!!! Hope you have a good flight!

     
  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger geminirn said...

    Glad to hear all is going well,we so enjoyed Guangxi and I truly bawled when our plane took off from there.However it was certainly a great feeling to land on Canadian soil with our princess also.Hope all goes well with your flight back to Beijing.
    Love all the precious photos!!
    Dianne CB group 253

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter