Waiting For Ava

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Breakfast With Santa











Ava has seen snow for her first time yesterday. She ran her hand down the side of the car and got some snow on it and did not like it at all. Terri and her went over to a friend of Terri's last night and apparently every time Terri got her out of the car and into the cold she cried. She will have to get use to it living in Canada and all. It will be fun this winter with her. We are headed out the door this morning to go have breakfast with Santa. It should be interesting. After Terri put Ava down last night she put up and decorated the tree and put out some Christmas decorations. When I came down stairs with Ava this morning she was frightened of the tree. When I took her over next to it she held on with a death grip. She rambles on now quite a bit. Not a lot of English but some and lots of baby babble. She loves talking on the phone. She made me feel very special yesterday. I came home from an appointment that I had in the middle of the afternoon and I pulled into the lane way and got out of the car and set my car alarm. I guess Ava heard it. By the time I got to the door I could hear her screaming Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. She came running up stairs to see me. I would never thought that such a little bundle of joy could melt me down to a puddle of emotions. I love her so much. She doesn't like Santa very much. I walked up to Santa with Ava in my arms and got within three feet of him and Ava had a death grip on my shoulder. She started crying immediately. Big crocodile tears. So no picture with Santa this year. Maybe next year. No big deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Load Counter